Farewell BYU!

I wanted to title this post with something super lame like, "Rise and Shout this Cougar is outta here," but that was WAY too lame, even for me so I just put in in the text of this post instead.

I'm done with my undergraduate career. The only thing left is for me to walk around in a weird-looking gown with hundreds of other people in order to be handed a fancy piece of paper that says I'm finished. Weird concept.

Looking back on my life as an undergrad student here at BYU has been nice, but I'm excited enough about my future that I am excited to move forward. I feel it is important to recognize some big events that have happened over the past 6 years. Twenty-five events or people to be specific.

25.
Freshman year my roommates and I put seasonal t-shirts on these ladies. It was so freshman-y.

24.
I was in BYU's Women's Chorus for 1 year. I got to be on TV.

23.
John Beck to Johnny Harline touchdown pass in the BYU-UTAH game. One of the best moments of my life.

22. I had my first boyfriend, Ben Pettit. It was fun. (Sorry, I don't have old boyfriend pictures).

21.
My roommates and our friends filled the front of my car with popcorn. It was the funniest prank I've ever heard of. Luckily the popcorn wasn't buttered!

20.
I met these two lovely ladies. Carolyn (Jackson) Hirz and Deidra (Kofoed) Law. We had an awesome time being roommates, and we're still friends.

19.
Cinco de Mustache party. One of the coolest parties I threw during my college career.

18.
My first summer in Provo. It really is so much more fun living in Provo during the summer! My ward did all sorts of fun activities all the time.

17.
I went on a mission. The best influence on my life yet.

16.
I came home from my mission.

15.
Lived at home for the summer.

14. Boyfriend #2, Andrew Baham.

13.
The Dream Palace. I love these girls! I was the awkward RM in the bunch if you can't tell.

12.
I started my program in the McKay School of Education.

11.
Harry Potter 7: Part 1 Premier. I was Bellatrix Lestrange.

10.
I moved to Banbridge Square. I don't have any pictures of Sarie and Dani and Lene together, but they're all awesome and I loved living with them!

9.
Jimmer.

8.
Second summer in Provo. Again, no pictures of Sarie but she was there too. This summer was way fun, lots of parties and pillow talk.

7.

Hiked Timp and the Y for the first time!

6.
I moved to Baywood with these lovely ladies (minus Sara, even though she is lovely as well).

5.

I got to spend time at two schools for a month each. The first school was a 2nd grade Riverside Elementary in West Jordan and the second one was a 6th grade Southland Elementary in Riverton.

4.
Harry Potter 7: Part 2 Premier. I was Sybil Trelawney.

3.

I student taught in 5th grade at Hobble Creek Elementary and 2nd grade at Art City Elementary and it was magical!

2.
Began looking for real-life teaching jobs.

1.

FINISHED COLLEGE!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA that popcorn prank is hilarious. Also, disgusting picture of me. Loved this!

Carolyn said...

Hahahaha popcorn prank! :)

I'm glad you moved in. You're fun. Let's hang out. What say ye?

Deidra said...

I loved this post!! I am so glad you were my roommate! I need to write you a letter soon. I miss you.

lene b said...

#10 and #8 are my favorite. because i love you. and because i'm in the pictures. :)