Geek Squad
So, my computer was acting up a little but luckily it was still under warranty, so I have been getting it fixed for the last three weeks. I never knew how much I love my computer until it was gone. It might be a bit weird, but I've named my computer Kevin and I really feel like Kevin and I are friends, it's a great relationship. Needless to say, I'm grateful that those Geeks at Best Buy fixed him and gave him back to me.
In other news...
I applied to graduate from college today!!!!! I am so excited! Graduation is still about seven months away, but it's becoming real to me that I am actually going to graduate from college! Weird! School is going well, I really love most of my classes, which is good. I'm still excited to be a teacher, which is even better! For classes I'm taking:
1. Teaching Math in the Elementary Classroom- the teacher treats us like we are elementary school students, so I do not like this class.
2. Special Education- love it! The teacher is super sweet and we're learning how to accommodate for all the students we will encounter.
3. Teaching Reading and Language Arts- I'm not retaking it, this is the second half. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this half. My professor is Brad Wilcox, who is an amazing man. Google him if you have never heard about him. The first result isn't him, but the next few are. He's great, smart, funny, and knows what he is talking about! He makes it seem like we can actually teach this stuff! Last semester I felt like I would be the worst teacher alive because my professor made it seem impossible for me to teach a student to read. Now I'm beginning to think that I actually won't fail too miserably!
4. Science Methods- amazing. My teacher is so cool. She understands what we need to use in the classroom and actually knows how to teach it to us. That is so nice to have a professor that doesn't do what they say not to. (example: professors saying, "Don't lecture! Don't lecture"! While lecturing you.) She's so much fun! Plus I LOVE science!
5. Social Studies Methods- I love social studies. Love. It. I want to teach 5th grade mainly because I love the social studies curriculum in that grade. I'm really excited for this class. I'm doing a project on Martin Luther King, Jr. and I'm really excited to make it something I will use as a teacher!
6. Instruction & Assessment- This is my teacher miscellaneous class. We learn stuff about teaching here. It's always good, because we learn so many different things that we will need to know as teachers. This semester it is focused on instruction and assessment and last semester it was planning and management. Just important teacher stuff. We have the same teachers, there are actually four of them, and having four gives us quite an interesting mix of ideas in teaching so it's great.
7 & 8- Practicum for Teaching Reading and Language Arts, and Practicum for Teaching Math- These are one thing but I will be focusing on teaching math as well as literacy. This happens in November and the last few days of October. I'm SO excited. I don't know what school or what grade I'll be working in yet, but I requested 5th grade, and I find out in a few days. Last semester I was in a 2nd grade classroom in West Jordan and it was so, so, so much fun.
I am so excited to be a teacher!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope Kevin gets fixed to run smoother than ever.
I'm glad you applied for graduation! It is a good thing to apply for. I hope you get accepted. :)
I LOVE 5TH GRADE!!
Post a Comment