Robinsons Fruit Shoots and Waiting Rooms


There was a time on my mission when I had to go to a doctor's surgery (office). I went to a walk-in centre with my companion. Now, they were great to get us all in quickly and taken care of, but let me describe a little bit about the surroundings. We were in a large room with a lot of people. All these people were sick. Side note about the Robinsons Fruit Shoot, as we were waiting my companion and I got these to drink. It will forever remind me of this waiting room. So, one of the patients that came in was a small boy who was quite sick. He ended up getting sick all over the floor, about three feet from me. Forty-five minutes later, it was still all over the floor. Soon after that, a nurse came to clean it up and used a plastic tablecloth-type thing to wipe it up. That's all. No sanitising or anything. Yuck.

The reason I bring this up is because I now work in the medical field, kind of. I am a receptionist at a dental office. I have learned a lot about insurance policies as I have worked here. I have now formed an opinion on socialised healthcare. I don't like it. At all. The British health system is socialised. My experience with this type of healthcare makes me annoyed. I understand the point of available healthcare and agree with it, but when the plan makes healthcare quality go down the drain, I believe it needs to be re-thought. That's all. We had a lot of Medicaid patients come in this morning so it made me think of it.

No comments: