Dino-Rama & Holding Hands


Ok, I need to update my blog. It is time. So, I'll start with Dinos. Last weekend Melodie, Aubrey, Justin and I went to visit the local dinosaurs. We took pictures. This is a picture of the four of us with the Sinclair Dino in lovely Evanston, Wyoming. He's a good friend of ours.

We also visited the dinosaurs at the rock shop. There are four there. I was doing dental work on the t-rex and I broke a tooth out. There goes my career as a dentist! Then a man yelled out the window at us and we ran away fast! It was quite the party.

Second topic for this post is holding hands. This is an interesting topic, very different than any I've ever posted before, but there's a first for everything, right? So I found a great article on "How to Hold Hands" that gave a few steps that I would like to relate.
1. Find someone to hold hands with (girlfriend/boyfriend).

2. Think about it. Thoughts can then become actions

3. Take a hold of the other person's hand. While sitting, standing or walking next to that person, grasp his or her hand and lightly squeeze.

4. Wait for a return squeeze. If they squeeze back, most times, they enjoy your company and don't mind you holding their hand.

5. Use a hand-holding method. There are two approaches to hold another person's hand.

* You can just grasp their hand and hold it (easy to achieve, but harder to stay held on longer).
* Interlock fingers, which sometimes takes some work, but because the other person is holding on too, you can stay holding hands longer.

6. Relax! It's okay to be nervous, bet he or she is probably every bit as nervous as you are, so just enjoy it.

So I thought this was funny and accurate. I like holding hands personally, it's fun. I also want to include something from John Bytheway. He speaks to us about non-verbal communication, specifically in the dating setting. To quote him about holding hands, he says, "What if you hold hands with your date? Maybe that’s like saying “I really like you.” I think it's true. I'm so good with my thoughts, clearly.

That's all. Enjoy!

No comments: