A Request

*Disclaimer: This is a boring post. It does not say anything new and exciting about my life, but I am asking for advice from anyone who reads this post, so if you choose to, please read on.

Dear Readers,

Since beginning my career as a teacher I seem to be catching every cough, cold, bug, etc. that comes into the school, whether a student I teach has it or not. I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle to enable my body to stay healthy around all these germs, or at least to be healthy while I'm working through having a bug. The internet can tell me all sorts of wonderful things about people I don't know, but you are all people I DO know. What things have worked to help keep you healthy or to help you get healthy again after being sick? I'm open to super weird things, or simple everyday things.

Please comment if you have any great ideas, I'm not looking for anything urgent, I just think I need to be doing more to take care of my body so I'm starting to gather thoughts.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Deidra said...

Before this year I always had a sink in my classroom. I would wash my hands every hour. I know that is really crazy, but I think it helped. I would get my students working on something and then wash them. Now that I don't have a sink I am crazy with hand sanitizer. Especially before or after eating or touching my face (like blowing my nose, etc.). Also I think it's important for general health to drink lots of water. I always have a water bottle at school and I wash it every night. I suggest having one where the mouth piece is covered. I personally haven't had the flu since I started getting annual flu shots, so maybe that helps too.

Camie Marie said...

This is going to sound really weird and I'm not trying to promote any one, BUT Every Year in October and April I lose my voice for usually a week at a time - Every Year. This year, as usual, I started losing my voice and I put some On Guard from DoTerra on my chest and took whiffs of it whenever I saw the bottle and for the first time since I was 16 (no kidding), I didn't lose my voice. Also, my younger daughter usually get awfully sick with asthma-type symptoms and we almost always end up sleeping in the bathroom with the shower going. I did the same thing with her and she made it through her cold without any nights on a cot in the bathroom. I think eating right (lots of fruits and veggies) really helps too. Anyway, I know this is an older post but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. Love You!