So Long Summer!

This summer was so much fun! I didn't have a job, which is a new thing for me. I did, however, start volunteering as an ordinance worker at the Salt Lake City temple. This was one of the highlights of my summer! I love the temple so much, and having the opportunity to help other people enjoy the temple makes it that much greater. I often pick up extra shifts because I enjoy it so much. There was a boy in my last ward who volunteered in the temple who would say he wanted to live in the temple. I had thought that was a nice sentiment until I started volunteering there. Now I understand. It really is the House of the Lord and it is the place on earth where work is done to influence our eternal happiness. Kind of a big deal. I love it!

I also went on some vacations this summer. I got to drive to California with my sister-in-law and my nephews. It has been a while since I went on a vacation with small children and I loved it! They find joy so easily and it made the trip so exciting and exhilarating! Here are a few of my favorites:


I also got to go back to California by myself to visit my sister. I got to babysit my nephews while my brother and his wife were in Hungary, I got to play with my nieces and nephew that live in South Jordan a ton, and I got to just relax. It was a wonderful summer and I feel rejuvinated and ready for school to start back up!

1 comment:

Deidra said...

This was my first summer without a job too! I can't say I did anything as noble as you working at the temple, but the nearest temple to me is an hour and 45 minutes away.